Grosse Pointe is a residential community composed of five separate municipalities: Grosse Pointe Park, Grosse Pointe City, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Shores, and Grosse Pointe Woods. Located northeast of Detroit on the shores of Lake St. Clair, Grosse Pointe has a population of approximately 50,000 and offers a wide array of architecturally distinctive homes in a variety of sizes and price ranges.
Residents of Grosse Pointe enjoy excellent municipal services and a variety of educational, recreational, and cultural opportunities:
- Four local shopping districts.
- Two excellent hospitals and a major trauma center are minutes away.
- Orchestra Hall, the Detroit Opera House, and the Detroit Institute of Arts as well as many other cultural opportunities are easily accessible.
- The Detroit Red Wings, Pistons, Tigers, and Lions play close by in downtown Detroit.
- Cultural and recreational opportunities in Windsor, Canada are within a short drive.
- Six lakefront parks offer boating, swimming, tennis, picnics, and concerts.
- The War Memorial, a registered historic site, hosts many community activities. The Neighborhood Club offers sports leagues for all ages, tennis, gymnastics lessons, day camps, a state of the art workout facility and more.
- The Edsel and Eleanor Ford House is open for tours, art shows, exhibits, and other events.